Our ServiceTrademarks & Designs
Many clients ranging from individuals to Fortune 500 companies from around the world seek our counsel to protect their trademarks and industrial designs in Korea. This is largely due to the "personalized" service we provide to our clients. The prosecution and enforcement of trademarks and designs are particular strengths of the firm. We provide the full scope of legal services to protect, maintain and enforce the trademarks and designs of our domestic and international clientele. In particular, our trademark attorneys and specialists have extensive experience opposing, canceling and invalidating trademarks in the Intellectual Property Office (KIPO), the Intellectual Property Tribunal (KIPT), the Patent Court, and initiating and defending infringement suits in the civil district courts.
Our trademark attorneys hail from the top universities in Korea and also top foreign universities. Our international resource allows us to effectively communicate with our diverse international clientele to solve their particular needs and business objectives.
Since its inception in 1985, the firm has earned a reputation as a leader among Korean law firms to aggressively protect and enforce its clients' trademarks domestically and around the world. Its unmatched service is attributed to its hard-working and dedicated trademark attorneys and staff members.
Our clients include individuals, start-up companies and large Fortune 500 companies, both domestic and foreign, in areas such as fashion apparel, the arts, retail, consumer products, electronics, software, entertainment, publishing, new media, industrial institutions, telecommunications, consulting, real estate, and insurance. In many instances, clients have entrusted the firm's trademarks attorneys with the management of their worldwide trademark portfolios because of their capability to competently handle diverse portfolios.
We regularly participate in the seminars and workshops held by the International Trademark Association (INTA), the Association International pour la Protection de la Propriete Industrielle (AIPPI), MARQUES (The Association of European Trade Mark Owners), ECTA (European Communities Trademark Association), and the Asian Patent Attorneys Association (APAA) to stay abreast of all the most recent trademark issues around the world so that we can appropriately monitor any alterations that may affect the decisions of our clients with respect to their trademarks.
Our Trademarks and Design Group provide the following legal services:
- Development of brand strategy
- Korean and foreign trademark and design prosecution
- Clearance, searching and opinion issuance
- International trademark portfolio management
- Trademark oppositions, cancellations and invalidations
- Domestic watch service to track new filings of third parties
- Monitoring of the Official Gazette published by the Korean Intellectual Property Office
- Initiating and defending infringement suits in the areas of trademarks, trade dress, designs and related unfair competition cases
- Infringement and anti-counterfeiting measures with the customs office and assisting customs to seize unlawful imports
- Resolving Internet domain disputes through ICANN's Uniform Dispute Resolution proceedings and the civil district courts
- Resolving trademark, trade dress, unfair competition disputes through arbitration
- Appellate litigation
- Negotiating and preparing licenses and agreements relating to trademarks, designs, know how and trade secrets
- Representing clients in matters relating to unfair trade practices
- Representing clients in matters relating to their trade secrets